Tuesday, April 23, 2013
The annual Celebration of Leadership Awards ceremony commemorates the accomplishments of our student leaders and student organizations on campus each year.
You are encouraged to apply or nominate a deserving student or organization for any number of the prestigious awards. Applications and nominations will be accepted starting Monday, February 11th until Friday, March 1st.
Any supporting documentation should also be submitted online along with the application. Nominees will be contacted by the Center for Student Involvement with information including a special request to attend the ceremony.
View Award Categories [PDF]
- Marshall Student Center Hall of Fame
- Marshall Student Center Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding leadership and significant contributions to student life and the Marshall Student Center.
- Outstanding Student Organization Advisor
- Outstanding Student Organization Advisor recognizes a student organization advisor who has been recognized for outstanding service to an organization.
- Pillar of the Community
- Pillar of the Community recognizes graduating seniors or graduate students who have exhibited outstanding leadership skills during their careers at the University of South Florida. Pillar recipients are leaders on campus, in the classroom, and in the community during the duration of their time at USF.
- Volunteer Standout Performance of the Year
- Volunteer Standout Performance of the Year recognizes the most outstanding USF individual who has dedicated his/her time to USF and the surrounding communities through community service, philanthropy, and/or social justice awareness.
- Student Government Emerging Leader
- Student Government Emerging Leader recognizes a student that is new to Student Government and has shown leadership promise.
- Volunteer Community Program of the Year
- Volunteer Community Program of the Year recognizes the best volunteer program planned by a USF student and/or student organization. This program can be related to community service, philanthropy, and/or social justice awareness.
- Student Government Senior Leader
- Student Government Senior Leader recognizes a graduating Student Government senior that has exemplified leadership within Student Government and throughout the USF community.
- Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Volunteer Organization of the Year recognizes the most outstanding USF student organization that has dedicated it's time to community service, philanthropy, and/or social justice awareness to USF and the surrounding communities.
- Bridge Builder
- Bridge Builder recognizes the student organization that best cultivates leaders in their organization.
- Outstanding New Student Organization
- Outstanding New Student Organization recognizes a new student organization exhibiting initiative in organizational development and a strong potential to contribute to the quality of life as a recognized student organization at USF.
- Student Organization Program of the Year
- Student Organization Program of the Year recognizes a student organization program that enhanced the university community by utilizing a different and/or creative approach.
- Leadership Legacy
- Leadership Legacy recognizes a student leader whose long-term dedication and commitment have made a positive impact on sustaining the visibility of a student organization.
- Outstanding Student Organization
- Outstanding Student Organization recognizes a student organization that demonstrated consistent flexibility, initiative, creativity, and perseverance. This organization has made a meaningful contribution to students, the University, and/or the surrounding community.
- Learn*Serve*Lead recognizes the student (s) that have demonstrated significant contributions to the advancement of the Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement.
- Inspire By Example
- Inspire By Example recognizes a faculty or staff leader who exemplifies the values of the Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement: learning, empowerment, innovation, diversity, and community.